Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Forgiveness


I was sitting at work today filling out a survey that my friend Cyrus sent me. It was called 37 odd things about you. The questions had nothing to do with forgiveness, but it sure did pop in my mind. I think it also Because I was watching the Magic Pants of Sister hood 2 as well. So anyway, I started thinking about how I never think anyone forgives me because I don't forgive myself. I once asked someone to forgive me for a terrible mistake that I made, they forgave me, but I didn't believe they forgave me because I wanted things to go back to the way they used to be. I have learned just because a person forgives you, does not mean that things are going to go back to the happy old way they used to be. Its okay for a change to come after forgiveness. I treat my feelings and mistakes the same way, I constantly don't forgive myself because I always want things to go back to the same, hence I can't grow from my experiences. Maybe that's why I'm always in the same place. I'm so happy these changes are taking place in my life.

No comments: