Friday, November 7, 2008

Where's your Pride?

Queen of the Night..

When you met me, you didn't have a problem with my style,
I was dressed to impressed, only the best and nothing less,
But now you want to confess that I'm a little to out there, way to wild.
The funny thing is, I haven't changed a bit,
when it was just me and you, you dint have a problem with this shit.
My Nails, always manicured, Face, always beat.
Jewelry from Tiffanie's and fendi for my well pedicured feet.
My Gucci hand bag was no problem for you, my little closet, that's what you called it.
Now that we're out in public more, you want me to trade it in for a Wilson's Wallet.
That's not my style, I'd have something to put my mac in,
What do you expect me to do, carry my shit around in my hand.
When I met your friends, you tried to change my style of dress,
I'd wear my skinny jeans, and scarf any day before I settle for less,
So why the sudden change, when it seems I haven't changed a thang,
Why can't I be who I am and things still remain the same,
So why the fuck try to be with me, when you want to change everyting on the outside.
It's still me that you're with, so where the hells is your Pride.

Trade for days...

So you walk around here as if this is the only lifestyle to live,
People constantly dont want to be around you because it's to much you give,
You wear make up on the job, and sashay all over the place,
And then get upset and be like "what the hell are yall all in my face"
You have no respect for your surroundings and you act as if you don't care,
You call it just being yourself but others see it as you just queening out everywhere.
High heel shoes, skinny leg jeans, and often you carry your man sake,
You say that this is you, but I think its a learned behavior, all just an act,
An Act because you want to be accepted, but you've taken it to an extreme,
All this time, you've been accepted, but you want to be noticed, so you choose to make a scene.
So I ask you, why do you act this way, so gay, as if this is the only thing that you with hold inside,
Where's your respect for not only yourself, but others, I'm asking you, where is your pride.

No comments: