Thursday, November 13, 2008

Would you date someone who stays with an ex?

I asked all my friends if they would date someone who stays with an ex. Below are their responses. Put your response in the comments section.

  1. "I would depend on the circumstances and whether or not that person is honest and up front about the situation. If you are just DATING then it shouldn't’t matter. You’re not exclusive or committed just dating. Of course you don’t want to be the other “woman” but in this community the line between dating and relationship are blurred."
  2. "HELL NO…. I’m a real jealous dude and my name is ***….no need for further explanation."
  3. "If they were at the end of their lease, I may start getting to know them with the understanding that they will be moving out soon. If theres no sign of them parting habitats anytime soon then probably not. Theres too much tension involved when hangin out at the crib and too convenient for a “slip up” after a drunken night out on the town or after a fight. What would you do?"
  4. "Probably not... just seems like 2 much confusion... there is also the dynamic of the relationship that they had and where if currently stands in each individuals mind... too much room for mess if you ask me.... "
  5. "NEVER! There is a lot of reasons why… I will have to send you the reason why when I leave work… "
  6. "it depends on the relationship, but it most cases, hell no....
    but if the two are more like close friends...like in our situation then i guess it could be different"
  7. "No, because I don’t want to battle with their post separation BS."
  8. "No because there would be way too much drama. Although you and you're roomate/ ex may be cool, jealousy is going to present itself at some point and there are going to be issue between the two people that live together. Eventually, rule and regulation may be put in place and if I wanted to spend the night or hang out there, It would be awkward."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that it depends on the situation. We all have a past and what’s the difference between an ex in the house or out the house if it’s over, IT’S OVER!
As a person that was in this situation being the one living with my ex, I dated because life goes on the person knew (that's HONESTY) I lived with my ex and that I was NO longer having sex with my ex(That's Keeping It Real). But I think I am a special case because not everyone is brutally honest as I am and can handle the truth. Trust is major for me but I am conditioning myself to not block my blessings and let go of my fears of being hurt again for what ever reason. Life teaches you lesson and No you should not be anyone’s fool but if you like someone that lives with their ex and they say it’s over and the situation looks truly over why NOT you all are probably going to date anyway so what’s the wait. Life is too short to miss out on someone special. I just say ALWAYS be respectful of both parties. I would not do anything within reason to hurt someone intentional and definitely don’t want to be used to make an ex jealous. With that said I say embrace all life as to offer because it’s hard to find nice descent human beings that can hold great conversation and turn you on sexually :) Signed Shay oops Anonymous